Students signing up for PScience Explores and their Sponsors/Guardians must read and understand these terms and conditions before they make any payment of registration and participation fees
1. My international study tour is operated by GIMUN through the Department of Political Science, University of Ghana with ten or more other students. Payment of the non-refundable registration fees of GHC 2,000.00 constitutes consent to the provisions of the conditions and general information contained herein. I agree to pay additional USD 3,850.00 in its Ghana Cedis Equivalent (USD 1.00 to GHC 13.00) as the total cost of my selected trip. In case the exchange rate exceeds what is stated here between now and the last day of the trip, I will pay the difference. All refunds to me must also be in the same exchange rate I made my payments.
2. This trip has been designed for students, as reflected in the pricing, educational content, accommodations and other aspects of the trip.
3. My trip begins with the takeoff from the GIMUN designated International Airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the GIMUN designated International Airport.
4. It is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (passport and visa[s]) unless specifically arranged for the group by GIMUN. Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except according to the standard cancellation guidelines as outlined in the booking conditions.
5. GIMUN is responsible for providing complete ticketing information for the travel participants 10 days prior to departure date. Trip packages will always come with air ticket or other means of transport. In an exceptional case where GIMUN is not arranging air ticket or transportation, a copy of my air or transport ticket procured by me will require GIMUN´s approval to join the trip. This will allow GIMUN to observe flight and transport times and aid me. Students shall travel in groups. In the case that I do not travel on the group flight or arranged transportation, I shall need the permission of GIMUN to embark on the trip with my own arranged transportation and be responsible for additional cost that may arise from any such personal travels. The program will begin at the designated location and time listed on the itinerary without waiting for my arrival. I am responsible for meeting the tour director at the 1st place of accommodation on the trip’s regular itinerary. I acknowledge, understand and agree that GIMUN shall not, in whatsoever case, be liable for damages resulting from airline schedule changes or mechanical, weather, or capacity-related flight delays. The trip will resume as soon as it is possible. All travelers are responsible for necessary expenses incurred during these delays. When I decide not to join the group transportation arrangement or refuses to seek approval from GIMUN to arrange my own transportation, I shall be removed from the trip and shall not be entitled to any refund of money paid. GIMUN shall not be liable for loss of passports, airline tickets or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket, I am solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
6. I further agree to release and hold harmless the University of Ghana, Department of Political Science and GIMUN(The Released Parties) from any and all decisions to cancel, modify, or delay the tour as a result of acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, governmental restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions that make it impossible or commercially unreasonable in the sole opinion of GIMUN to conduct the tour. I further agree to hold the Released Parties harmless for the acts or omissions of any other individuals or entities over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including, without limitation, airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels and shipping companies. I understand and acknowledge that GIMUN does not own or operate all of the entities that provide goods or services on my tour. However, GIMUN must ensure that these third parties suffer the penalties for their inability to provide services procured for the success of my trip.
7. GIMUN shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from GIMUN-supervised activities or for non-GIMUN supervised activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during stay-ahead/stay-behind option periods if the stay-ahead/stay-behind period does not include the services of a GIMUN Tour Director.
8. GIMUN reserves the right to refuse or cancel my registration at their sole discretion without any cause and I must receive full refund of any money paid.
9. GIMUN has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, if I withdraw from the trip, I will be entitled to no refund.
10. The Department can change the Group Leader. If I withdraw from the trip based on the change of a group leader, I will be entitled to no refund of any money paid.
11. I will abide by GIMUN regulations and the directions of my group leader, my Trip director or GIMUN personnel during my trip. Regulations include but are not limited to the prohibition of hitchhiking, the driving or renting of any motor vehicle, or having visitors of the opposite sex in students’ rooms. Failure to do so may result in GIMUN removing me from the trip immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my Program Fee, and that GIMUN may then send me home at my own expense.
12. I will abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. Travelers must have the University’s permission or guardian’s permission to use alcohol even if the local law would otherwise permit them to. If the University and/or legal guardian’s permission to use alcohol has been granted, minors may only drink beer and wine (no hard liquor), and must be in the presence of the group leader. I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, or these conditions, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the Program Fee, and GIMUN may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
13. If I become ill or incapacitated, GIMUN and its employees, or my group leader, may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and wellbeing, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at my own expense and subject to the provisions of the travel insurance policy. GIMUN retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact the Department, student’s parent(s) and/or guardian with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to participant’s tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, GIMUN will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and the participant authorizes GIMUN to do so.
14. I will pay all trip fees on or before deadlines set. I agree that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases which, if imposed by airlines or other suppliers, will be separately billed. If I withdraw from a trip through a withdrawal written notice received by GIMUN on such schedules listed below, I will be entitled to the following refunds of the total trip fees: –
a. 14 days to departure date- no refund.
b. 21 days to the departure date- 50% refund of total trip fees.
c. 40 days to the departure date- 70% of total trip fees
d. 41-60 days departure date- USD 3,320.00 refund
e. 61 days and above to the departure date- USD 3,600.00 refund
f. If I am removed from a trip for flouting rules and regulation will not have the right to a refund of any amount and will not continue with the group.
g. All refunds shall be done by GIMUN within 20 days after the last day of the trip.
15. By enrolling on this trip, I have made the choice to travel with the group leader from the Department, and I understand that this choice is not the responsibility of GIMUN. I understand that my group leader is able to make decisions on my behalf, including but not limited to changing the group’s requested tour or travel date and requiring that I purchase items such as insurance. I understand that a group leader must accompany me on tour. If my group leader cancels for any reason, GIMUN will ask him or her to assign a new group leader. If I cancel at this point and choose not to travel with the new group leader, I will be treated as a standard cancellation. If no replacement group leader can be found, I may also request that GIMUN place me with a new group tour. If GIMUN cannot find a new group tour for me, GIMUN standard cancellation Policy will apply and shall be entitled to full refund of trip fees paid.
16. I understand that students on GIMUN trips will have roommates of the same gender and in some cases, of the same age in their rooms during the entire duration of the trip. GIMUN can accommodate specific rooming requirements. However, these requirements must be agreed and communicated prior to program pricing. Rooming requests are subject to price increase. Places of accommodation may change depending on availability and group size. Towels and toiletries are provided at the discretion of the chosen accommodation and are not guaranteed. Curfew will be strictly enforced by GIMUN staff and accommodation facility security at the times indicated on the conference schedule. After curfew, students must remain quietly in their assigned rooms; students will not be permitted to pass through hallways or to be in rooms to which they are not assigned. This includes departures from assigned rooms to accept food deliveries. GIMUN and the accommodation facility will exercise appropriate supervision including entry to students’ rooms to enforce security rules. I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hostels/hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to accommodation facilities, buses or other property. If I bring valuables, I will place them in the hotel/hostel management custody. GIMUN and hosts are not responsible for belongings left in social event venues or buses.
17. For safety and security reasons, I fully accept that students are required to wear GIMUN embossed tags throughout the trip period. Students without tags may not be allowed to access certain facilities and services. Students must report cases of lost badges to trip staff immediately for replacement at extra fees. Furthermore, all students are expected to wear appropriate dresses. Dresses must not reveal certain sensitive body parts.
18. GIMUN reserves the right to immediately remove students from the trip due to unacceptable behavior and flouting of regulations and the reasonable directions of the trip director. The Secretariat reserves the right to define appropriate trip behavior and is particularly sensitive to issues involving displays of disrespect to other students, trip staff, and hosts. All trip materials including badges must be surrendered to GIMUN staff once removed. Aggressive or abusive behaviour, such as shouting or personal insults; spreading malicious rumours or gossip, or insulting someone; discrimination; harassment; unwanted physical contact; stalking; offensive comments/jokes or body language; publishing, circulating or displaying pornographic, racist, sexually suggestive or otherwise offensive material or pictures; isolation, deliberate exclusion and/or non co-operation before and during trip; unreasonable demands beyond my paid package; coercion, such as pressure to subscribe to a particular political or religious belief; and sexual harassment or solicitation of any form shall not be entertained and are highly frowned upon. All abuse cases must be reported immediately to the Group Leader or Trip Director.
19. These rules are in addition to those established by the Republic of Ghana, the Destination Country, University of Ghana, and GIMUN. Serious infractions will result in dismissal from the trip of those involved. The Explore Coordinator in consultation with the Trip Director and the Group Leader reserves the right to issue additional rules or to alter existing rules at any time.
20. GIMUN reserves the right to utilize all data submitted by individuals to GIMUN and to collect data in the form of photographs or videos during the trip. Such photos, video, and other audio/visual material taken and/or recorded by GIMUN, featuring any individual including guests may be used and published for promotional, educational, or other purposes by GIMUN and its partners with the consent of the Student or the Department. I agree that no data, results, and materials for use in the trip will be disseminated by means of publications, reports, conferences, or any other form without the express written consent from GIMUN of which these products, data, results, and materials are its exclusive property. GIMUN reserves the right to update and change information without further notice.
21. I understand and agree that this agreement and GIMUN Booking Conditions constitute the entire agreement between GIMUN and me with reference to the subject matter and herein, and I do not rely on any promises, inducements, or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by any agents or any employees of GIMUN, or by my Department or Department representatives. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by both parties. The unenforceability or waiver of any provision in this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
22. I understand and agree that the parties shall use their best efforts to settle amicably all disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement. Any dispute or difference between the parties in connection with this Agreement which cannot be settled amicably within sixty (60) days after receipt by one Party of the other Party’s written request for such amicable settlement shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2010 of Ghana or any statutory modification in force at the time. The place of such arbitration shall be Accra, Ghana and the language for the arbitration shall be English.
23. I hereby confirm that I have read, understood, and accepted GIMUN´s Agreement. I further agree to accept and abide by the Code of Conduct which will be published as a Handbook and as decided by the Explore Coordinator. I hereby certify by completing the application process that all information submitted is truthful and accurate. I understand that falsification of any information provided will disqualify me from participation the trip and future GIMUN activities, and classification of information or impersonation will result in legal actions.