The eligibility stated below is of the same standards of International Model UNs across the globe.
The following are eligible to be chosen for one of the GIMUN 2019 Committees Bureaus positions:
-Individuals who have participated in a Model UN conferences and who, preferably, have experience(s) as secretariat officials, leading Model UN Committees or other leadership roles in simulations of the General Assembly, its Main Committees or other UN agencies;
-Individuals who are not older than 35years of age at the time of the conference;
– Individuals who are fluent in English and/or French (the working languages of GIMUN 2019)
Applicants must also have the following skills and experience:
– The ability to communicate clearly and express thoughts and ideas in a coherent manner
– Individuals who have excellent organizational skills and research and drafting skills.
– A working knowledge of the work of the UN Secretariat and General Assembly.
-A fair understanding of UN documentation, General Assembly rules of procedure and the process of drafting UN resolutions.
-Experience in working effectively in a team environment.
– The ability to plan and implement Model UN conference activities efficiently.
– The ability to prioritize responsibilities and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.